More than likely, you have mold growing in your home or commercial building – the question is how much and what kind. Mold is a part of our environment and is found virtually everywhere. Excessive amounts of mold and certain types of mold can cause health problems.
Mold becomes a problem inside a home or business when there's excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing. Even high humidity or warm, moist air condensing on cool surfaces can trigger mold problems.
Menold Construction and Restoration will respond to your emergency 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. From your initial call, one of our project managers will respond to your call within 15 minutes. When required, we will have our crews on site anywhere within Central Illinois in 2 hours or less. Once on site we will begin to work immediately to minimize your loss. No project is too large or too small.
Menold Construction and Restoration has the certified professionals that can safely remediate any size mold problem. Our staff has mold certified Remediators and Specialists that have safely and effectively remediated residential and commercial mold problems of every size. Our certified professionals have the training and experience to:
- identify moisture sources
- evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected)
- to contain damage to the smallest area possible
- to physically remove contamination
- to dry materials to ensure that mold will not return
- to perform or recommend procedures for returning property to a pre-loss condition.
Here is an example of what your mold remediation process can look like:
- Testing, identification and protocol for the remediation work
- Containment is set up to isolate the affected area
- Air Scrubbers are placed and the work environment kept under negative pressure to keep mold from spreading to other areas.
- If testing is to be performed by an Industrial Hygienist it will be done prior to any further remediation efforts.
- Any materials requiring demolition are removed two feet past any visible mold.
- All areas are vacuumed with HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration vacuum cleaners and then wiped down with biocide. All visible molds on existing framing are sanded down to "no stain".
- The entire affected area is then HEPA vacuumed again and retreated with biocide.
- Air Scrubbers are then switched to "scrub mode" and run for 24 to 48 hours. Air Scrubbers are capable of capturing virtually every removable airborne particle.
- The area is then ready for re-inspection and testing by Menold certified personnel or Industrial Hygienist if hired by the property owner.
The 1st goal of our professionals is to get your home or business protected from secondary damage that can be caused by additional water exposure. In cases of commercial or public properties, security is established to keep unauthorized people from wandering in, thereby protecting your liability. We will work diligently to get your contents – particularly sentimental objects – out of the water damaged environment, move them to our secure, climate-controlled facility, and inventory them for you. We also work quickly and thoroughly to minimize water damage to your possessions. Our professionals have the expertise to dry and clean personal items such as all household goods, photographs, electronics, clothing, equipment, machinery & documents.
Once the emergency services are completed, we’ll quickly identify the needed repairs and in most cases develop estimates within 48 hours of reviewing the damage. We work with almost all insurers and use Xactimate, the industry’s leading restoration estimating software.
Our mission is to restore your peace-of-mind by restoring your property. Proactive and consistent communication with you and your insurance company, combined with our fast and professional processes separates us from other companies.